OLIVE OIL DISTRIBUTORS LLC
Last Updated: March 9, 2022
Olive Oil is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users whose information is collected and stored while using Olive Oil’s Platform through our Website or App.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NOR DO WE INTEND TO DO SO. WE DO NOT GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES EXCEPT TO SUBPROCESSORS TO ASSIST US IN THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICES TO YOU.
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register to use our Website, App, or Platform, we collect personal information (also referred to as personally identifiable information or “PII”) which may include your name, address, online contact information such as your email address or username, phone number, and other personal information. The information so collected will be stored on our servers or Brain Tree/PayPal/BigCommerce/MailChimp/Rebillia/WP Engine/Wordpress.
- Account Information. When you buy from our website, we will collect your personal information. We may also collect information that does not personally identify you such as (i) your geolocation, and (ii) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, App, or Platform, and usage details.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration or purchase from our Website, App, or Platform;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between User and our Website, App, or Platform;
- Through mobile and desktop applications User downloads from our Website, App, or Platform, which provides dedicated non-browser based interaction between User and our Website, App, or Platform;
- From User placing an order, which includes details of transactions User carries out on our Website, App, or Platform;
- From User’s responses to a survey;
- From forms filled out by User;
- From records or copies of correspondences (including email addresses) if User contacts us;
- From search queries on our Website, App, or Platform; and
- When User posts information to be published or displayed on our Website, App, or Platform.
We collect information from you automatically when you navigate through our Website, App, or Platform in the following ways:
- Usage details;
- IP addresses;
- Information obtained through browser cookies;
- Information obtained through flash cookies;
- Web beacons on our Website;
- Web beacons on emails sent by us; and
- Other tracking technologies.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize User experience in using our Platform;
- Provide Users with information, products, or services requested from us;
- Present our Website, App, and Platform and their contents to Users;
- Provide Users with notices about account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Deliver products and services on a timely basis.
- Carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from contracts entered into between Users and us, including billing and collection;
- Notify Users about changes to our Website, App, and Platform and any products or services;
- Allow Users to participate in interactive features on our Website, App, and Platform;
- Improve the Website, App, and Platform;
- Improve our customer service;
- Administer contests, promotions, and surveys or other Website, App, and Platform features;
- Process transactions;
- Anonymize data and aggregate data for statistics;
- Contact Users for other purposes with Users’ consent;
- Contact Users about our products and services that may be of interest;
- Contact Users about third parties’ goods and services;
- Enable the display of advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences, although personal information is not shared with advertisers without User’s consent; and
- Send User periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 14, via the email address provided by User to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders; (iii) send additional information related to User’s product and/or service; and (iv) market to our mailing list or continue to send email to User after the original transaction has occurred.
We allow third party behavioral tracking and links to third-party web pages. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website, App, or Platform. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website, App, or Platform and welcome any feedback at about these sites. Please contact us at [email protected]
- HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Our Website and App are reasonably scanned to meet or exceed PCI Compliance. Our Website and App receive regular security scans and penetration tests. Our Website and App also receive regular malware scans. In addition, our Website and App use an SSL certificate as an added security measure. We require username and passwords for our employees who can access the personal information of Users that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. In addition, we actively prevent third parties from getting access to the personal information of Users that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. We accept payment by credit card through a third party credit card processor on our behalf. We will implement reasonable security measures every time you (a) place an order, or (b) enter, submit, or access your information, (c) register, or (d) access our Platform, on our Website and App.
- DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, App, or Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website, Platform, or Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website, App, or Platform.
Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify the User within fifteen (15) days via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or App. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are times when we may share Personal Information that you have shared with us may be shared by Olive Oil with others to enable us to provide you over Services, including contractors, service providers, and third parties (“Partners”). This section discusses only how Olive Oil may share such information with Partners. We will ensure that our Partners protect your Personal Information. The following describe how and with whom we may share your Personal Information:
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We may disclose aggregated, de-personalized information about you that does not identify any individual to other parties without restriction, such as for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may disclose personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may disclose personal information to contractors, services providers, and other third parties.
- We require all contractors, service providers, and other third parties to whom we disclose your personal information to be under contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- We may disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
- We may disclose to third parties to market their products and services to you if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties to market their products and services if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We require all other Partners, to whom we disclose your personal information, to enter into contracts with us to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to such Partners.
- We disclose personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided it, for instance, if you gave us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Platform.
- We may disclose personal information for any other purpose for which you have provided it.
Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
Third Party Disclosure.
- We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, App, or Platform, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We do not provide non-personally identifiable visitor information for marketing purposes.
Choices Users Have About How Olive Oil Uses and Discloses Information.
- Disclosure of Users’ Information for Third-Party Advertising. Users can opt-out by (i) checking the relevant form when we collect the data; (ii) logging into the Website, App, or Platform and adjusting their preferences in their account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or (iii) emailing us their opt-out request at [email protected] Users receiving promotional email can opt-out by sending a return email requesting to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out will not apply to information provided by Olive Oil for product purchases, warranty registration, or other transactions.
- Disclosure of User’s Information for Targeted Advertising. Users can opt-out by (i) checking the relevant form when we collect the data, (ii) logging into the Website, App, or Platform and adjusting their preferences in their account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or (iii) emailing us their opt-out request at [email protected]
- GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We have implemented advertising features on our Website, App, and Platform including: (a) remarketing with Google AdSense; (b) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; (c) Google Demographics and Interests Reporting; and (d) Google’s DoubleClick platform integration.
We use these Cookies to compile data regarding User interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website or App.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Olive Oil does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information” as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h). Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website, App, or Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of Personal Information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at Olive Oil, 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. STE240 #2528 Austin, TX 78741.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an email at [email protected] or write us at Olive Oil, 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. STE240 #2528 Austin, TX 78741.
- COPPA COMPLIANCE (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 USERS ONLY)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is a federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store “Personal Information,” as the term is defined under COPPA, from children under the age of 13. We are committed to ensure compliance with COPPA. Our Website, App, and Platform are not meant for use by children under the age of 13. Our Website, App, and Platform do not target children under the age of 13, but we do not age-screen or otherwise prevent the collection, use, and personal disclosure of persons identified as under 13. If you would like to know more about our practices and specifically our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please email us at [email protected]
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE, APP, OR PLATFORM.
- CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have businesses stop emailing them, and spells out penalties for violations. Per the CAN-SPAM Act, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of Olive Oil, which is, 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. STE240 #2528 Austin, TX 78741;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from all future marketing correspondences.
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
If you have any questions regarding this Section, please email us at [email protected].
- LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
|Name of Third-Party Service Provider||Contact Information|
|Amazon Web Services Inc. (North Virginia, US)|
Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
Website: [email protected]
Telephone: (855) 817-0841
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at [email protected].
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website, App, or Platform violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website, App, or Platform that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Olive Oil’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Skyler Mapes, [email protected], at Olive Oil, Attn: DMCA Notice, 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. STE240 #2528 Austin, TX 78741. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Olive Oil in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- CONTACT US.
- Privacy Officer
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Olive Oil Distributors LLC, 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. STE240 #2528 Austin, TX 78741